Saturday, April 30, 2011

Jim Thompson Silks...

One day on my once or twice a year visit to the Design Center I saw a piece of silk that stopped me in my tracks.  I won't post the picture here since it was so long ago that it is no longer produced, but that piece was by Jim Thompson.    Ever since then I have kept up with the new pieces coming out by them, and recently they were kind enough to send me this picture to post.


This is Chloe from their Rite of Spring collection.  It is a handwoven hand dyed Ikat.  It comes in 6 colors, and is only one of fantastic fabrics you should check out at http://jimthompsonfabrics.com/  While you're there I suggest you also check out the guest designer Tony Duqette.  He has a amazing fabric that looks like Malachite.

P.S.  If you want an interesting read google Jim Thompson and read about his exciting life and mysterious disappearance.
P.P.S  If you want to see the original fabric I fell in love with shoot me an e-mail or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment