Monday, August 22, 2011

A few things I saw on my vacation...

very year my wife and I go camping, and there are loads of vendors selling all sorts of craft goods where we are.  We actually met there many years ago as I had been hired to help a merchant man their store.  And as I am sure you could have guessed, yes it was textile related.  

Sneak Preview

I will begin with a horn carver.  First let me start off by telling you that this lady does work so nice that as soon as she opens her shop she sells out all the pieces she's done in the last year.  So these pictures are actually in the back before she has opened up on day 1.
Zoom in, you know you want to click it.
Here they are out front.  They are all unique and beautifully done.  She also does shot-glass sizes as well as blowing horns.  Just in case you have ever had the desire to scream "Release the Hounds!"

A different angle.

And these next two pictures display a technique that is often used in more complex Welsh Love Spoons.  And in case you don't know what a Welsh Love Spoon is, it is I would suggest you ask my good friend Google, and then pick one up for your next anniversary.  there is a store on Main street in Warrenton that sells them.

Yup, that's a cat catching a mouse.  Free floating, see the next picture. 

This one didn't even make it to the show.  Her mom bought it before it left  the workroom.  Can't say I blame her.

Here is a tiny little piece of metal work that I really like.  I'm not sure what I would do with it. Maybe I could use it on a necklace, or just sew them onto a bag? Ah!  I could add it to the end of my wife's cell-phone lanyard.

You are really gong to need to zoom in to get a good look at these.
Finally I will leave you with this.  The sign could certainly have been nicer (presentation counts); but it is still an interesting piece.

Someone tell that man how much silver costs per ounce.
P.S.  Here is a bonus picture.  It was taken at night, so the quality is quite poor.

Can-kilts.  Tacky, but I'll allow it.  Too bad they don't make them in MacIntosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment