Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The perfect solution...

I was helping a client today and she asked me what I would use if I were doing the windows for myself.  I took this to mean "If you could do anything you wanted what would it be?"

The room has neutral walls and two oriental rugs on the floor.  Other than that it is dominated by a four posted bed with a German lace canopy.  Dark wood abounds but it is pretty much a blank slate.  We started the day with the intent of doing a dust ruffle and chose a box pleated dust ruffle in an off-white sateen.  The windows were an unexpected addition.

Three colors sprung to my mind the green, pink, and cream.    The client loves pink, and loves embroidered silk. The style has to be a Kingston valance with tails.  Long slender tails.  The fabric?  I would like to use Lady Washington from Fabricut's Mount Vernon collection.  I've used it before. I'll post it as well as a link.

Hope Martha would be proud.
http://www.fabricut.com/search/product_details.php?product_id=2699701&searchtype=single_advanced&return_search=set&page=&nav=&pre=&pos=&pages=2&application_id=F&collection_id=2025&pram=7&searchclass=

Now the real question, which color to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment